Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I mentioned this in a previous post, but my current apartment overlooks the site of ground zero. 24 hours a day, there is construction going on. Cranes still digging up dirt, cement trucks constantly churning and paving. Yet, 10 years later, it still appears to be a huge hole in the ground. From the street level, you can't see anything. There are walls enclosing the space - leaving most people who walk by confused and curious. Quite frankly, I am a little more annoyed than most people would be because the construction keeps me awake throughout the night.
Regardless, I have a plan that relates to our performance.

I want to set up a camera on my window sill, and just record some of the construction that is going on there. Just observing. Most people don't get to see this action - only the memorial itself and the monuments. I think it would be really cool to have movement, music, or images of the memorial juxtaposed with this footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment